Car rental services have become so popular in Uganda as most travelers cannot do away with them. These transportation services are lifesavers to many people especially those visiting the various tourism destinations in Uganda.
Car rental services are not all about hiring and driving a car wherever you want to go, there are some technical disciplines and principles that have to be put into consideration.
- Firstly, when you want to get car rental services in Uganda the internet is the most ideal way to get cheap and genuine services without any difficulties and wastage of time. There are very many car rental companies that ply their trade online and with a few clicks you get services at very affordable car rental Uganda rates.
- When hiring a car in Uganda, the client has to issue out identification documents like passport or national identification card and also a driving license. A passport or a national id are presented to verify the person wishing to hire the car and the driving license acts as proof that one is eligible to drive a car.
- When hiring a car, the client has to indicate or disclose the destination he/she will be going to and also the duration time of using the car. The itinerary is disclosed to easily track the client in case he/she gets a problem while in use of the rental car.
- The rental car must also have comprehensive insurance that covers all the damages that may occur to the car while driving it. As a client, you have to ask for the car provider whether the vehicle has comprehensive insurance and if not it is not advisable to hire such a car since you are likely to meet all the expenses of the damages on the car.
- As the Renter of the rental car in Uganda, you have to make sure that you inspect the car both physically and mechanically as safety on the road is paramount. Check the car if it has some faults on the body and in the interior and you should also check the operating system like the lighting, the brakes, oil and water levels.
- Every car rental company in Uganda has a car hire agreement which has terms and conditions that govern the use of the car when you hire it. It is best for the client to read each and every clause in the agreement to understand it and ask when it’s not clear to avoid any heated moments that may arise in case of violating term or condition of how to use the rental car.
- The payment of car rental services are made by either cash or electronic transfers and the rates charged for the services are normally in US dollars or Uganda shillings and at some occasions the pound sterling and euros are accepted. It is advisable for a client to carry us dollars when going to pay for the car rental services in Uganda to avoid inconvenience or if he/she is to use another currency for payment, he/she has to inform the car rental operator in advance.